By Abubakar N. Kasim
I wasn’t surprised to see President Trump retweeting of anti-Muslim hate filled propaganda. The man seems to be losing his mind. If he is not soon impeached, he will likely end up in a psychiatric hospital.
But what had astonished me the most was to see the British government’s statement that the planned state visit is still intact. It is shameful and utterly irresponsible for Prime Minister May, to still be looking forward to welcoming a man who is filled with hatred.This shows a lack of courage, dignity and shame.
In doing so, not only the bigot President has shown contempt to the Muslims, Prime Minister May also has demonstrated that she doesn’t give a damn about the peaceful and law abiding citizens who contribute a lot to the society.
While on the surface she has shown a different picture but as evidence shows she shares the same sentiment as Mr. Trump.
Otherwise she would have shown some respect toward the Muslims and shut the door on the bigot’s face.
As Sound Vision in its weeks bulletin indicated:
- Hate cannot make Britain or America great
- Three videos shared by the president are fake propaganda and stereotyping. One purportedly depicted a “Muslim migrant” beating up a Dutch boy on crutches. The fact: Reports suggest the assailant was neither Muslim, nor a migrant.
- Another video shows disrespect to the Virgin Mary supposedly taking place in Egypt. The fact: Muslims love Virgin Mary.
- The third video claimed to capture a mob shoving a boy off a roof probably somewhere in Syria. The fact: It lacks authenticity
- Research has determined that immigrants and refugees are more peaceful than other citizens
- The person who shared the clips retweeted by the President, Jayda Fransen, was convicted by a British court in January of aggravated harassment and unprovoked abuse of a Muslim mother in front of her children
- Britain First, Fransen’s organization, is notorious for invading local mosques and confronting the Muslims worshipping there
- Britain First’s own founder resigned, saying, “no matter how hard I tried, you cannot escape from the fact that the group is being overrun with racists and extremists”
- Spreading hate towards 1.8 billion Muslims is not only un-American, but it is bad for America ethically and materially
Theresa May, the Great Britain Prime Minister doesn’t have to listen to Mr. Trump in his mission to make the country great again. Britain is already great.
A leader who vilifies people out of hate and prejudice doesn’t posses the true quality of leadership.
Great Britain should cancel this state visit in order to send a strong message not only to Trump but to all those who are filled with hatred that the country doesn’t tolerate such venomous messages which only divide us further.
Abubakar N. Kasim